Thursday, February 26, 2009

Assignment #1

1. When you visit a website, how do you decide if it's good or bad? Useful or not?

When I visit a website, I judge its qualities on the following:

A GOOD WEBSITE

  • User Friendly
  • Easy to Navigate
  • Fast Download
  • Contact Information
  • Browser Friendly
  • Good Color Choice
  • Readable Font Style and Size

A BAD WEBSITE

  • Too Much Flash
  • Slow Download
  • Navigation Not User Friendly
  • Can't Get Back To Home Page
  • Contact Information Unavailable
  • Not Browser Friendly
  • Poor Choice of Colors
  • Font Size
  • Poor Font Style

2. Explain what goes on in your mind when someone sends you a website link and asks you what you think.

I would look for some very basic features and evaluate the website on the standards of a good website. If the website has poor qualities in its features; I would e-mail the person my feedbacks on how to enhance that website's qualities.